Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

From the little town of Haugen, WI

Well, we've been on the trail for one week! If I had one word to describe this first week it would be generosity. Everyone we meet is super nice and loves hearing about Warrior Hike and our adventure! It's been great walking across this northern section of trail. After I finish this post (and some breakfast) we will head out of Haugen and complete our first 100 miles! It's amazing how fast it's gone.

Trail conditions are generally very good, with only a few sections flooded by beaver activity or plagued by poor signage. Ticks have been relentless and mosquitos are bad, but we just stop every few minutes to pluck the ticks away (usually 5 or 6 at a time).
Miles has had some blisters and a rolled ankle, but he hasn't complained once and blows me away with how he just keeps plowing down the trail. I've been feeling really good and I can feel my legs getting stronger every day. I conditioned quite a bit before starting the hike, but there's really not much that can train you for putting on 15-17 miles a day.
I'll try to keep updating this blog whenever I get time! Thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

  1. Praying God keeps you both safe as we are to get storms this week! Thanks for the update, Michael!

    Ed & Mary Peters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! Keep going!!! Hope to see you both on "our" end of the Ice Age Trail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good! Keep going!!! Hope to see you both on "our" end of the Ice Age Trail!

    ReplyDelete